The European Governing Board (EGB) is responsible for the development and application of the European Training and Certification System. The EGB is a not for profit Company registered and operating under French law. It works through National Certification Organisations (NCOs) who through nominated representatives form the EGB and who commit to abide by the rules of the EGB. In return the EGB grant those NCOs the authority to administer the System and award qualifications on its behalf. The remit of the EGB is to
- Establish, review, develop and codify the rules and operating standards of the System
- Approve NCOs as qualification bodies within the System and ensure that those NCOs comply with the rules of the System
- Achieve consistency in training and certification
- Establish standards of conduct for qualified value practitioners
- Arbitrate in any disputes relating to the System or its application.
- Determine any reciprocity arrangements between the ECTS and any other qualification system
- Qualify and admit new NCOs who wish to join the EGB
- Promote VM in general, and the System in particular.
The EGB comprises two types of member
- Full members who are the nominated representative of participating NCOs. These members have voting rights.
- Associate members who wish to be involved with the System but do not have an NCO. These members do not have voting rights.
The following organizations are NVAs/NCOs and constitute full membership of the EGB
- Austria – Institut Fur Innovations-und Trendforschung(IITF)
- Belgium – Association pour le développement de l’analyse de la valeur(AVD)
- France – Association Francaise pour l’Analyse de la Valeur (AFAV)
- Germany – Verein Deutscher Ingenieure Fachbereich VM/WA (VDI-GPP)
- Hungary – Society of Hungarian Value Analysts (SHVA)
- Italy - Associazione Italiana per l’Analisi e la gestione del Valore (AIAV)
- Netherlands –Dutch Association of Cost Engineers (DACE)
- Portugal - Associação Portuguesa para a Análise do Valor (APAV)
- Spain – CGV –Centro para la Gestión del Valor (IAT)
- UK – The Institute of Value Management, Certification Board (IVM-CB)
In addition Norway has a representative as observer.
The EGB elect a President, and two Vice Presidents, and together with the immediate Past President, these four constitute the Council. Council members are elected for 3 years and are mandated to make decisions on behalf of the EGB between meetings if circumstances dictate.
If you need to contact EGB you should email contact@ValueforEurope.com and
- Give your contact details (including name, address, business interest, country of residence, and country of business if different).
- Identify the relevant NCO or NCOs pertinent to your enquiry
- Specify your enquiry or comment
Note: Generally all enquiries and comments should be made to the National Certification Organisation for your country. EGB deals directly with just a limited number of matters such as to receive fundamental comments on the operation of the training and certification system.